Monday, February 24, 2014

Adeo durus malis

Ooh Lordy, troubles so hard
Ooh Lordy, troubles so hard
Don't nobody know my troubles but God
Don't nobody know my troubles but God

-- Vera Hall, "Trouble So Hard"

It's been a rough time and I have not updated here as I ought to have done. I am still at the same apartment. Still married to Alison. My roommate, AliQ, is no longer with us; circumstances forced her back home. Unfortunately (and partially my fault), her departure left us financially troubled. It has been that which has mainly occupied my time of late.

Still, I came up with a solution this evening that should be feasible and will right what once went wrong. Unfortunately, this does not involve Scott Bakula leaping into  my body and uttering "Oh boy." - though that would be cool if it did happen. No, my solutions tend more towards the practical.

It should also be noted that GPC did an excellent job of fucking me over, but that is simply the reputation of that vaunted Georgia educational institution. My usual cranky rankling is now beginning to settle into grudge-hate; this pleases me. I can do things with grudge-hate.

(Ooh) Outside your balcony… I have a room with a view
(And I’m watching you)
I dial your telephone… each and every afternoon

-- Dalbello, "Gonna Get Close To You"

An interesting incident involving Alison's cell phone last night may lead me to a mystery that needs unraveling. It is a pity, because I really do not have the time to deal with it at the moment. No matter. I fulfilled my part of the bargain and alerted Her that the first tier of security may have been broken. Pity it will never get a chance to go beyond me.

If that seems cryptic to you, it is because it is supposed to be. No, do not ask. I will not say.

No comments:

Post a Comment